Sunday, January 4, 2015

Fitness challenges 2015

I don't know about you, but trying to be good all the time and eating the same things over and over can get repetitive and cause a girl to say "forget it" and go back to old habits. I'm thinking it's a new year and ain't nobody got time to be falling into old patterns.

So the way to do that is to constantly be doing something different. I have hit a plateau, so my trainer has amped up the workouts and is stressing the portion control. I have decided to actively participate in the flash challenges that are being passed around on facebook.

That way, every 3 - 4 weeks, I'm doing something different and focusing on eating different things. Right now, I'm doing the #21daynojunkfoodchallenge.


The no white bread is the hardest for me, but in order to be something different you have to do something you've never done before. Also, I know people who have stuck to this challenge since October and have lost 35 pounds.

As of today, I'm also adding a 30 day abs challenge, because that's my biggest problem area.


People keep commenting on facebook that they can't do it and they don't like doing something that they know that they will fail at. The way I see it, if you go a day or two or even modify a little bit, then you're doing something to change your bad habits and that in and of itself, is a victory.

My abs are my weakest point. I may not be able to complete this the first go around. But I was told once, to get as far as I could and then whenever I was struggling, to stay at that day's tasks until I could finish them and then move on. So maybe, it'll take me longer than 30 days, but at least I'm trying.

There are a LOT of different challenges out there and here's a link to a few of them.

Popsugar fitness challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment