Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Proper Portion Measurements.

So I don't know about you, but I struggle with how much to eat of which food and when. I talked with my trainer about it yesterday because I went from eating too much to not enough, which left me hungry and that's not good either. In doing research for this particular blog, I found actual portion plates and other devices to help with that conundrum. So after the article I found on perfect portions, I will post the other things I found.

19 Ways to Measure Perfect and Healthy Portion Sizes

Forget your measuring cups, spoons, and scale. Use this handy guide to dish up right-sized servings every time.

  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • THINKSTOCK
  • SHUTTERSTOCK.COM
  • SHUTTERSTOCK.COM
  • SHUTTERSTOCK.COM
  • SHUTTERSTOCK.COM
  • SHUTTERSTOCK.COM
There's a difference between "portion size" and "serving size." A portion is the amount you pile on your plate, while a serving is a standard measurement of food, such as a cup or an ounce.

The best way to determine the amount of food in a serving is to measure it out. And precision is key: If you eat too little, you could rob your body of the nutrients it needs. And if you eat too much, you could ingest too many calories, and eventually put on weight.

That said, measuring and portioning food can be a real pain. To help you meet your weight loss goals–or stabilize that number on the scale—use this guide to get your portions right.


 









Portion control measuring methods

  • THINKSTOCK


No comments:

Post a Comment