Saturday, September 20, 2014

Getting to know the books of CM Wilson

I'd like to just take a minute and say how much I love my job. Finally, I'm getting a chance to share what I love to do with the masses, and I can do it from the comfort of my own couch, in my jammies if I so choose. And to be able to work for someone where not only is there not a lot of drama but there's a friendship too.

Is the pace a little more than I expected? Yes. But that was an oversight on my part and it's nothing I can't handle and I'm loving every minute of it. 

I thought that it would be a good idea to tell you a little about the books and what they mean to me. I've got 3 out now so as more come out, I'll keep you updated.

Northern Lights: Part 1
 Released: 9/13/14
 
Ever given birth to an 800 pound baby? That's pretty much how I feel about my first book. It's been 19 years in the making and hit's aas gone through several reincarnations of characters and plots before finally becoming what it is today. 

The simplest way of explaining Northern Lights is, that Carrington and Eli are wrapped up in their own worlds and think that they have the other one figured out. They're both guilty of stereotyping, until they realize that they are completely wrong about each other. Through a series of mishaps and being thrown together, they realize that they have more in common than they thought that they did. And that's just the jump off point. There's a little bit of everything in Northern Lights, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.


Glow Stick: High School is not for the Faint of Heart
Release Date: 10/4/14 preordering available now


I am both excited and terrified for Glow Stick to come out.  Although I sprinkle a little bit of me in each book I write, Glow Stick, has me on just about every page. I call it my 8 Mile because it's a fictional retelling of my experiences of being bullied in High School. The names and people have been changed but the events are completely real. I am so very proud of this book. And I cannot wait to see how it's received. It's very raw and real and honest. It's all me.

17 year old Camille is very comfortable in her skin. Even though she's overweight, she knows who she is and she's happy. The teasing she endures at school is annoying at best until it gets a little more harsh than normal and then she starts wondering if maybe they have a point. She's tested and pushed to her breaking point. 




Water Queen: Elements of Desire Book One by JP Simmons
Release Date: 10/10/14 preordering available now

This series so freaking hot I can't wait to read it. Just seeing the cover makes me want to pick it up. The first collaborative effort between myself and the CEO of BraveGirl Publishing, Julia Press Simmons, we put our hats in the fantasy/paranormal romance arena. Our two completely different writing styles blend together beautifully and make for prose that pop right off the page. It's been an absolute joy working with JP and it's fun to turn on that Google Doc and see what we can concoct together.

Since the beginning of time, darkness has fed off of the light, the Eternal Flow. When darkness threatened to extinguish light for good, light fought back. It collapsed in on itself, exploding into the known universe. Phylon, the Sphere of Desire, was one of the first worlds to form, and the Eternal Flow, in an effort to protect itself from the darkness, cultivated the Elementals, Guardians of the Flow, Keepers of the Balance.

These are the stories of the Elemental Queens, Aquatica, Blaze, Tempest, and Terra. They fought with all of their will and all of their strength, but they could not defeat the Arcebus, spawn of the darkness. They saved all they could and fled to Earth.

Now the Elementals who survived are struggling to adapt on a foreign planet, and one queen's love for a human threatens to destroy the balance.


I hope that you enjoy reading the books as much as I loved writing them. And trust me, there's more to come.

Have a great Saturday!


CM Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment