Monday, December 1, 2014

Holiday Movies to Get You in the Christmas Spirit.

Christmas is upon us! The holidays make a lot of people sad. Truth be told, I'm usually one of them. I have made a conscious decision to fight the Bah hum bugs and make my Christmas a good one this year. The first way I'm doing that, is loading up on the Christmas movies. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them.

You know what's coming don't you? My list of what to watch. Now, before we get to that, let me remind you that this is my list. I didn't get it off the internet, or from an article. So you may not see your favorites on there. I can tell you now that you won't see Miracle on 34th Street or It's a Wonderful Life (yes, I'm ready for the hate mail). Not that they aren't great movies, but I'm really not a traditional movie type of person.

Without further ado, here's the list of what to watch:

* As an honorable mention, I'd like to give a shout out to The HallMark Channel and ABC Family for their stellar original Christmas movies. I could do an entire list just on their movies. It's possible to just chill on the couch and watch those channels all weekend and eat popcorn and write (I do this every year).

10. Ernest Saves Christmas

Okay, so maybe I lose cool points for this one, but I LOVE Ernest. At one point, I had all of his movies. And this is one of my top favorites. Ernest is a bumbling idiot but his heart is in the right place as he helps a runaway find the true meaning of Christmas. It's light hearted and funny and again, it's ERNEST!!!

9.Home Alone 1 & 2

Classics never get old. This is how every single one of us over 30 remember Macaulay Culkin. They're just a lot of fun to watch and they're good family movies to share with the kids.

8. Scrooged

This may be a little lesser known... well.... remembered. Starring Bill Murray it's a take on the Christmas Carroll. It was the 80's way of keeping it relevant. It really brings the Christmas Carroll alive and I just love it.

7.The Santa Clause series

I absolutely love this series. It's festive, it's fun and the second one helped inspire a project that I'm working on. It's hard to find sequels that are as good as the first and I think that they get better as they go along. The 3rd one is my absolute favorite of the series.

6. The Grinch That Stole Christmas - Live Action

Jim Carey stole my heart in this movie. He does SUCH a great job of bringing the Grinch to life and making him lovable villain.

5. Frozen

I am so going to get shot and probably more hate mail for putting this one at number 5. So before you hit send on the message where you're cussing me out - let me say this. I LOVE this movie. It's one of my top five ALL TIME favorites. But as far as classifying it as a Christmas movie, I'm not sure if I'm completely behind it - but any excuse to watch Frozen is a good one.

4. A Charlie Brown Christmas

Again, classics never get old. My favorite part is when Snoopy licks Lucy and she freaks out. I watch that movie specifically for that part. LOL.

3. The Polar Express

Okay, so can I just say - STEVEN TYLER AS AN ELF!!!!!!! :ahem: I experienced this movie as it should be - in the theaters. I went on the Thanksgiving it came out and was GLUED to the screen the entire time. Everything about that movie is amazing.

2. Arthur Christmas

This is one of the most original ideas I've seen. And I think that's why I love it so much. Not just the graphics and the acting but the attention to details in the story. It's very engaging and it's something I try to watch at least once.

1. Rise of the Guardians

Okay so I am absolutely, head over heels in LOVE with this movie. Rise of the Guardians is THE most original movie I think I've ever seen in the history of ever. There is not one bad thing I could say about it. Rise of the Guardians is my Frozen. I was really upset when I couldn't find any RotG swag. I am excited to announce that 2015 brings a Rise of the Guardians 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment